Today was a good day. My girlfriend and I went to look at a house built in 1900! It was a mess, but a beautiful one. So much potential and overall MAGICAL. It’s in the uptown area of our historic city. Plus my friend is a creative genius so it would be transformed and given all the love it needs.
Afterward, we went to a little market and had lemonade and quiche. She has 2 kiddos and is well versed in needing non-mommy time. I accidentally invited my hubs and son to join us at the market and she reminded me that it was “Girl Time”. I was grateful that she helped me protect that time. I’m not so good at that.
Let’s keep the good going…
Berry Choco Muffins
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup almond milk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Sparkling Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Line muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour (1.5 c), white sugar (1/2 c), coconut sugar (1/4 c), baking powder (2 tsp), cinnamon (1/2 tsp) and salt (1/2 tsp).
- In a separate bowl, add almond milk (1/2 c), vegetable oil (1/3 c), vanilla (1/2 tsp) and 1 egg. Pour into flour mixture.
- Add in strawberries (1 c) & chocolate chips (3/4 c) and mix until just combined.
- Fill each muffin cup ¾ full. Sprinkle sparkling sugar (as much as you like!) on top of muffins.
- Bake for 22 minutes, or until done.