This used to be a hard day for me. Still is in some ways. I remember thinking how cool it would be to announce that I’m pregnant on Mother’s Day. But year after year I wasn’t. At church this morning they prayed for all the women (new moms, moms of teens, moms who have lost children, caretakers of moms, desiring to be a mom). Tears rolled down my cheeks as I held out my hands to receive the blessing. Our fertility journey was a hard time in our lives and motherhood holds it’s own challenges. But I’m grateful for the following:
- Being with my mom this morning as we ran to the bagel store and coffeeshop before anyone else was awake in the house.
- Seeing my 2-year old run out of his room with a Lionel Richie t-shirt with my Mother’s Day card in his hands.
- For church. The message this morning was phenomenal! https://subsplash.com/discovery/messages
- Floating in the pool with my neighbors, mother-in-law, son and husband.
- For the long bath I took as my son and husband napped this afternoon.
I’m also grateful to be blogging/writing again. This is freeing. I hope all the women out there know how cherished and special we are. We are in this together. We all need connection and each other. Not having a child doesn’t mean you’re not a mom or nurturer to someone. We are loved!